- 4 small Chicken breasts (skin on)
- 4 tablespoons Chinese rice wine
- 4 tablespoons Vegetable oil
- 4 tablespoons Ginger (sliced very thin)
- 4 small Shallots (quartered)
- 1/2 cup Palm sugar
- 2 Cinnamon stick
- 6 Whole star anise pods
- 8 Whole cloves
- 6 tablespoons Yeo’s Dark Soya Sauce
- 1 cup Water
- Salt to taste
Soy and Ginger Glazed Chicken
Preparation time: 5mins
Cooking Time: 20mins
- Rub the chicken breasts with the rice wine vinegar and hold until required.
- Heat a small deep sided saucepan and add the oil, toss in the sliced ginger and shallots. Cook until lightly browned, and then add the palm sugar, cinnamon, star anise and cloves.
- When the sugar caramelizes, add the chicken breasts and brown on all sides. Add in the Yeo’s Dark Soya Sauce, salt and enough water to half cover the chicken.
- Simmer uncovered for 20 minutes, turning often. Add a little water if the sauce reduces too quickly.
- Remove the chicken when cooked and slice each breast into 4 pieces. Skim away all the fat from the surface of the sauce. Present the sliced chicken with steaming hot rice and a bowl of the strained sauce.