- 1 tsbp dried shrimps, chopped roughly
- 20ml warm water
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil for frying
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cloves of shallots, minced
- 1 tbsp Yeo’s Fried Nasi Goreng Paste
- 10 small fresh/frozen prawns, deshelled and devined
- 100g squid, cut into rings
- 1 sprig of spring onion, cut into small pieces
- 4 cups (600g) of a day old rice
- Yeo’s Light Soy Sauce, to taste
- Garnish: Egg omelette, asparagus and fresh herbs/vegetables
Malaysian Style Egg Fried Rice
Serves : 3
Preparation Time : 15mins
Cooking Time : 10mins
- Soak dried shrimps in warm water 15mins before cooking, discard the liquid.
- In a wok, heat oil and stir fry the garlic, shallots and dried shrimps till fragrant.
- Add prawns and squid, cook till they turn pink.
- Add Yeo’s Nasi Goreng Paste, spring onion, and rice. Mix them evenly.
- Add some Yeo’s light soy sauce to taste.
- Garnish and serve hot.
Tip: You may use brown or basmati rice for a healthier option.