- 1 Whole chicken about 1.2-1.5kg
- 1 Jar Yeo’s Nasi Goreng Paste
- 1 Whole onion, cut into wedges
- 1 bunch Cilantro
- 1 Lemon, juice only
- Black pepper to taste
- 4tbsp Yeo’s Light Soy Sauce
- 5tbsp Olive oil
Malaysian Style Baked Chicken
Serves : 4
Preparation Time : 30mins
Cooking Time : 50mins
- Marinate chicken with Yeo’s Nasi Goreng Paste and remaining ingredients for 4hours or overnight in a chiller.
- Turn over at least once in between the marinating time.
- Before baking, stuff the onion into the chicken’s cavity and marinade with the remaining juice for one last time.
- In a 180 degrees Celsius preheated oven, bake the chicken or about 35-45mins.
- Test with a fork by poking into the thickest part of chicken. If the juices runs clear, the chicken is ready.
- Served with some roasted vegetables.