- 500 ml Vegetable oil
- 6 Hard boiled eggs (peeled)
- 1 tablespoon Fresh ginger (grated)
- 1 tablespoon Lemon grass (crushed)
- 4 tablespoons Yeo’s Sambal Oeleck Sauce
- 2 small Shallots (finely diced)
- 2 cloves Garlic (crushed)
- ½ teaspoon Shrimp paste (grilled on foil for 1 minute)
- 1 can Chopped tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons Sugar
- 4 tablespoons Yeo’s Dark Soya Sauce
- ½ Lime (juice only)
- Garnish: ½ cup Mixed coriander and mint leaves (chopped)
Egg Sambal Oeleck
Serves : 6
Preparation time : 10mins
Cooking Time : 10mins
- Heat the oil in a wok and deep fry the eggs until golden, then drain and set aside.
- Carefully pour out the hot oil, leaving in two tablespoons. Place back onto the heat and add the ginger, lemon grass, Yeo’s Sambal Oeleck Sauce, shallots, garlic and shrimp paste.
- Once fragrant, add in the tomatoes and sugar. Cook till the mixture thickens, then add Yeo’s Dark Soya Sauce and lime juice.
- Coat the eggs with mixture. Garnish with herbs and serve hot with steamed rice.