- 500g whole chicken, cut into chunks
- 1 box of Chinese tofu (Tua Kwa)
- 20 chestnuts, pre cooked
- 5 cloves of garlic, minced
- 20g of ginger, cut into thin slices
- 2 tbsp Vegetable oil
- 50ml Chicken stock
- 2 tbsp of Yeo’s Sesame Oil
- 3 tbsp Yeo’s Light Soy Sauce
- 2 tsp Yeo’s Dark Soy Sauce
- Sugar to taste
- Garnish: Spring onions
Claypot Sesame Oil Chicken with Chestnut
Serves : 4
Preparation time : 2hrs
Cooking Time : 45mins
- Marinate the chicken meat for 2 hours before cooking.
- In a pan, heat up the oil and stir fry the ginger and garlic till fragrant.
- Add the chicken and toss well.
- Transfer everything into a claypot. Add some chicken stock from time to time to prevent it from sticking to the pot.
- When the chicken in cook, add the chestnut and tofu.
- Simmer till the tofu and chestnut are well coated with the sauce. Add a dash of Yeo’s Sesame oil just before serving.
- Enjoy with fragrant white rice.
Tip: You may prepare this dish in any other casserole or stew pot.