- 500g Beef Cube
- 1 tbsp Yeo’s Rendang Paste
- 1 tbsp Plain Yoghurt
- 1 large Red Onion, sliced100g Carrot, cut into big cube
- 3 tbsp Yeo’s Rendang Paste
- 1 cup Water
- 4 tbsp Vegetable Oil for frying
- 3 cups Jasmine Rice, rinsed1 Cinnamon Stick
- 2 pcs Star Anise
- 2 -3 pcs Cloves
- 1 – 2 tbsp Turmeric or Curry Powder
- 1 -2 tsp Salt
- 3 cups Water
- Garnish: Small bunch of Coriander Leaf
Clay Pot Rice with Beef Rendang
Serves : 5
Preparation time : 10mins
Cooking Time : 1hr
- Marinate beef cube with 1 tbsp of Yeo’s Rendang Paste and yogurt at least 4 hours before cooking.
- Heat wok and add oil. Sear beef cube till it turns light brown.
- Add carrot and Yeo’s Rendang Paste, stir well.
- Add 1 cup of water, bring to boil then lower to simmer till the meat is tender.
- In a claypot, add rice, spices, salt and 2 cups of water and mix well.
- Cook till rice is fluffy and all liquid is gone.
- Arrange the cooked beef on the top of the rice and cook for another 5 mins.
- Garnish and serve with coriander leaf.
Tip: For a healthier option, replace white rice with brown rice or basmati rice. You may also cook this dish with pork, lamb or chicken. To reduce cooking time, you may choose to use a rice cooker.