- 1 kg Fresh green prawns
- 5 tbsp Tamarind pulp
- 2 tbsp Yeo’s Sambal Oeleck Sauce
- 5 tbsp Yeo’s Dark Soya Sauce
- 2 cloves Garlic (crushed)
- 2 tablespoons Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Whole black pepper (crushed)
- 50g Baby Spinach
- 1 Lime (cut into wedges)
Char-grilled Tamarind Prawns with Chilli, Soy and Pepper
Serves : 6
Preparation time : 15mins
Cooking Time : 6mins
- Combine the tamarind pulp with 1 cup of boiling water and stir well with a fork. Strain and hold the liquid.
- Remove the vein from the prawns, but do not remove the shell and prawn heads. Place them into a bowl and add the tamarind water, Yeo’s Sambal Oeleck Sauce, Dark Soya Sauce, garlic, sugar and pepper.
- Rub the mixture into the prawns, cover and refrigerate until required.
- Drain and grill on a pre heated barbecue for three minutes, brushing with the marinade. Turn over and do the same until cooked (another three minutes)
- Present in a large bowl garnished with the baby spinach and lime wedges