- 10pcs Ready to bake Savory Tart Shells (2- 2 ½ inch)
- 100g Fresh Button or Mixed Mushroom, thinly sliced
- 80g Shallot or Onion, chopped
- 200ml Cooking Cream
- 100g Grated Cheddar Cheese
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Jar/ 250ml Yeo’s Black Pepper Sauce
- 4 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Unsalted Butter
Garnish: Freshly grind pepper
Black Pepper Mushroom Quiche
Serves : 5
Preparation time : 20mins
Cooking Time : 20mins
- Heat wok, add olive oil and onions. Stir fry onions for a short time only, do not overcook it.
- Add mushroom. When mushrooms soften, add 150ml Yeo’s Black Pepper Sauce. Cook till mixture thickens.
- Set mixture aside to cool down.
- Beat eggs well, add cream and remaining Yeo’s Black Pepper Sauce, stir well.
- Pre-Heat oven at 180°c -190°c.
- Fill the tart shell with mushroom mixture up to half of the tart, pour in egg mixture till tart fills up.
- Add grated cheese on the top.
- Bake in oven for 20 mins or until cheese gets light browned.
Tip: You may opt for bigger sized tarts, just adjust the time of baking accordingly. For a spicier option, you may use Yeo’s Rendang Paste as the mushroom seasoning for the filling.