- 500g Chicken Thigh, boneless with skin, cut into 10 pieces
- 10pcs Lotus Leaf Bun
- 10pcs Lettuce Leaves
- 1 White or Red onion
- 1 jar/250ml Yeo’s Black Pepper Sauce
- 5 tbsp Water for cooking
- ½ cup Vegetable Oil for frying
( for marinate chicken )
- 1 Egg White
- 1 tbsp Corn Flour
- 1 tsp Sugar
- A pinch of White Pepper Powder
- 2 tbsp Yeo’s Light Soya Sauce or to taste
- 2 tbsp Yeo’s Dark Soya sauce or to taste
- ½ tsp Yeo’s Pure Sesame Oil
GARNISH: Pickles, (optional)
Black Pepper Chicken Bun
Serves : 5
Preparation time : 30mins
Cooking Time : 20mins
- Marinate chicken thigh with 2 tbsp Yeo’s Black Pepper Sauce at least 2hrs before cooking.
- Steam lotus leaf bun for 10 to 15 mins, set aside.
- Heat wok and add oil.
- Seared the chicken with skin down first for a few minutes before turning over.
- Add Yeo’s Black Pepper Sauce, then slowly add in the water. Stir evenly to coat the chicken.
- Cook till gravy thickens and chicken is cooked thoroughly.
- Place the chicken thigh, lettuce and cut onions nicely into buns.
Tip: For a quick and easy snack, you may use Yeo’s Boneless Chicken Curry.